The Road To MetLife Stadium is nearly complete for the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks, as they now have less than two weeks to go before the final kick-off of the season in Super Bowl XLVIII. Everybody knows that this is game that will feature the best offense going up against the best defense, but it goes far beyond that. The Broncos have the No. 1 total offense as well as scoring offense, and the Seahawks counter with the No. 1 total defense as well as scoring defense. Of course, many people probably are aware of that fact, so, don’t worry, I am not counting that as one of my five fun facts about Super Bowl XLVIII in MetLife Stadium on February 2.
In the spirit of full-disclosure, I’m working as part of the Road to MetLife Stadium Preferred Blogger Program. Throughout the year I’ll be receiving special access to MetLife events and be conducting reader giveaways, with prizes provided by MetLife and Sony Electronics. However, no payment was given or expected for posting about the program, and as always, all opinions given here are fully my own.
But, did you know…
* Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning is the only player on Denver’s roster with a Super Bowl ring. He won it as a member of the Indianapolis Colts in 2007 against the Chicago Bears.
* As strange as it mat sound that Manning is the only Broncos player with a ring, it beats what the Seahawks have in terms of experience. No player on the Seattle roster has ever even suited up in a Super Bowl.
* Not only are the starting quarterbacks very different types of players, but the age gap between Manning and Russell Wilson is the largest in Super Bowl history. This gap beats out the previous high back in Super Bowl XLIII between Kurt Warner of the Arizona Cardinals and Ben Roethlisberger of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
* While the Broncos shattered offense records at an unbelievable pace this past season, the Seahawks have the lowest-ranked passing attack in yards of any team to ever reach the Super Bowl.
* Many people want to see if Wes Welker can win another Super Bowl after leaving the New England Patriots, but, like I said Manning is the only Broncos player with a ring. Welker never won one with the Patriots. This would be his first if Denver can defeat Seattle.
If you are looking for which team may have a greater edge, make sure to check out Stats.com. If the temperatures dip below 40 degrees on Super Bowl Sunday, which is nearly a foregone conclusion, Stats.com will tell you how things could play out when the Broncos face the Seahawks in MetLife Stadium in Super Bowl XLVIII. It would appear that Denver may have an edge on special teams and the kicking game with Matt Prater over Steven Hauschka, but Stats.com has plenty of eye-opening numbers that may cause you to bet on one team over the other.
Make sure to follow all of the latest on Twitter by using the #Road2MetLifeStadium and tag @MetLifeCentral, as well as checking back early and often to Boston Super Blog for all of the latest information regarding Super Bowl XLVIII in MetLife Stadium between the Broncos and Seahawks!